Best Mesothelioma Attorney – 100Guides
Best Mesothelioma Attorney specializes in lawsuits involving exposure to asbestos. These attorneys use their vast experience and resources in asbestos litigation to pursue your claim. Financial compensation can help pay for cancer treatments, secure your family’s financial future, and hold manufacturers of asbestos products accountable for their negligence.
What is a mesothelioma lawyer?
Mesothelioma lawyers help victims file a lawsuit and obtain compensation for mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. An attorney experienced in wrongful death or personal injury claims can guide you through the legal process.
Manufacturers of asbestos products covered up the deadly truth while millions of Americans were exposed to and subsequently developed asbestos-related diseases. Asbestos mesothelioma lawyers help hold these companies accountable and compensate patients for their suffering.
The best mesothelioma lawyers can:
- Identify compensation options to help cover the cost of your medical bills and provide financial support for your family
- Build a case against the manufacturers of the asbestos products that caused your illness.
- It will guide you through every step of the process and help you have peace of mind that justice will be served.
Types of Legal Claims Mesothelioma Lawyers Handle
Asbestos mesothelioma lawyers handle various types of legal claims. Your mesothelioma attorney will determine the type of claim to file based on your specific asbestos case.
Types of mesothelioma claims include:
- Personal injury lawsuits – These types of claims seek compensation from manufacturers of asbestos-containing products, if the company responsible for the asbestos exposure is still in business.
- Wrongful Death Lawsuits: These types of claims seek compensation on behalf of the mesothelioma victim after their death. It can be filed by your relatives.
- Asbestos Trust Fund Claims – Some manufacturers of products containing asbestos have filed for bankruptcy to avoid being sued. In these cases, victims can file claims with the Asbestos Trust Fund for compensation.
- VA Benefits: U.S. military veterans who developed mesothelioma while serving may be eligible for health care and monetary benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- You can still file a lawsuit or trust fund claim if you are receiving VA benefits. Also, mesothelioma lawsuits are not filed against the US government or any branch of the military.
Mesothelioma lawyers seek to maximize your compensation
Maximizing the amount of mesothelioma compensation a victim and their family receive is always Sokolove Law’s goal.
The amount of compensation in an asbestos case depends primarily on the perceived value of the pain and suffering endured by the injured party. This value is translated into monetary value and can be used to cover any type of cost you wish.
Although the compensation can be used for anything you want, some mesothelioma victims use it to cover expenses such as:
- Medical fees
- Travel expenses related to medical treatment
- lost salary
- Daycare/centre fees
- physical therapy
- Psychological consultation
- Domestic expenses
- Funeral expenses
- Financial security for your family
What is the average settlement for a mesothelioma case?
Mesothelioma attorneys typically recover between $1 million and $1.4 million in mesothelioma settlements and between $5 million and $11.4 million on trial verdicts.
It is difficult to determine in advance the value of a case of mesothelioma without knowing the precise details, and these ranges can only serve as approximate figures. Many asbestos cases are worth more or less, depending on various factors.
Best Law Firms for Mesothelioma
The best asbestos lawyers are found in the best mesothelioma law firms. These firms have a team of lawyers specializing in asbestos-related litigation. They have a proven track record of winning cases and negotiating settlements for people affected by mesothelioma.
According to a major industry report, the top 10 mesothelioma law firms in the country handle more than 70% of annual mesothelioma claims. In 2022, Weitz & Luxenburg was awarded $43 million for a mesothelioma patient after a jury found Algoma Hardwoods, Inc. liable for the asbestos exposure.
Weitz and Luxenberg
Weitz & Luxenberg is a national company headquartered in New York. For more than 30 years, he has helped families affected by mesothelioma. The firm has worked on more than 33,000 asbestos cases and secured $8.5 billion through verdicts and settlements for its clients.
Simmons Hanly Conroy
Simmons Hanly Conroy is headquartered in Alton, Illinois. The company has recovered more than $9 billion for victims of asbestos exposure since its inception in 1999. Its attorneys have won the largest single-plaintiff mesothelioma verdict in US history with a $250 million verdict for a steelmaker in 2003.
Cooney and Conway
Cooney & Conway is a national firm headquartered in Chicago. He has handled mesothelioma and asbestos lawsuits since 1973. The firm has recovered billions of dollars in compensation for his clients, including thousands of million dollar settlements and numerous multimillion dollar verdicts.
Nemeroff Law has recovered over $500 million for families facing mesothelioma, including several verdicts exceeding $10 million each. The company handles business in the United States with offices in Salt Lake City, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Dallas and Houston.
Galiher DeRobertis and Waxman
Galiher DeRobertis & Waxman has been caring for mesothelioma victims for over 35 years, which has allowed the national firm to develop an unrivaled database of evidence against manufacturers of asbestos products. The firm handles cases in the United States with offices in Dallas, Los Angeles and Honolulu.
Must Visit Related Articles are:
- How To Hide Apps On Iphone
- President Biden Announces Student Loan News
- The Problem With Red Wine Bottles
- How To Block Emails On iCloud
- How Much Do Personal Injury Attorneys Charge